Monday 9 July 2012

Highway 12

Since announcing our departure we have received many invitations to go visit friends and family before we leave, however there was one large event scheduled months and months ago that we both have been very excited for. July finally brought us to the month of our brother-in-law's surprise 40th and our nephew's 15th birthday party in Orillia.

For years when we have been on our way to Orillia or North Bay, we have passed an interesting Antique Shop on the right hand side of Highway 12 and have been meaning to stop in and look around. On this drive up Doug made the time to stop so I could get a chance to explore it before we leave for Edmonton.




They had some chickens who liked to escape into the antiques area so I snapped a few pictures of them as well. I would have liked to buy a few items but, as we are moving, I took pictures instead. Hopefully I will find some nifty antique shops in and around Edmonton when we get there.

We spent a lot of the weekend in the water, thanks to some great weather, and spent some memorable time with friends. Not only did we take home some great pictures, thanks to mom lending us her awesome camera for the weekend, but after a little shopping, Doug and I came home Monday morning two video games and two novels richer.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is the antique store in Blackwater travelling north on Hy-way 12 toward Orillia! Bill and I have been there. There was so much to look at, I didn't know what to look at first! Looking forward to your updates...Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you're right about that. I hope to visit again when it makes sense for me to buy something! They have so many treasures.

      Thanks for following Sandra!

      Delete