Thursday 5 July 2012

Welcome



 
Mmmmm.... Edmonton the green city!

So right now we are selling off our furniture. We will be buying new items when we hit Edmonton, as it's not worth it to cart it across the country. We had a nice couple buy our bar fridge off of Kijiji and when they came to pick it up and noticed our house packed up they came for a walk around and picked out a few more things they wanted. I am happy that the TV sold, but I am not looking forward to watching my movies on Doug's TV in his computer room. There is more furniture to be sold and a lot more discomfort to endure before September when we leave.

We have been so excited about the move to Edmonton. I am hoping to do something active in the community to help us get acquainted with different areas and new people. I have a few social clubs in mind, but I will see what my friends on that side are into, if anything, before I decide. I have a work colleague who is relocating around the same time and is looking at moving to the South Edmonton area. Another friend who lives there says south and central aren't bad so, although I wouldn't mind being south to be close to my colleague, central has a lot of the amenities Doug and I are looking for.


For now I am keeping an open mind and looking for any apartments in a neighbourhood deemed "good" that have, no carpet, in suite laundry, and enough sunlight. I would prefer an apartment building with a pool and gym facility, and a balcony. Doug is far more open minded! Keep your eye out for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment