Wednesday 29 August 2012

Update

I know I've taken a long time to update you guys, but there has been a lot going on.

Trying to find renters turned out to be a bit of a drama. We were recommended to a family we didn't like and had to fight them off. Found the perfect Saturday night double date couple, but they found another place. Then we found a sweet lady and her boys, but they fell off the face of the planet, only to resurface expecting a lease after we found our current tenants.

We are happy that the constant house showings are now at an end, as there were up to five in one day and they took place all week long! But we are also happy to have found this family because they are very handy, down to earth and responsible. They have several children who are adult, well-mannered and personable. And best of all, they love our house almost as much as we do!

I was able to get my transfer at last! I will be relocating to the Southern location meaning that I get to look for an apartment in the beautiful and quiet South Side! My co worker who is also relocating has an apartment on the south side, so it should be fun!

I had to leave the travel plans to the last minute because we were waiting to get the lease signed, but now that everyone is in place, I have been able to book our flight and hotel. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I did score getting us a cheap room at a southern hotel that allows pets! Total score considering the $8 a day difference in pricing I got for a pet friendly room!

No comments:

Post a Comment