Friday 31 August 2012

Quick Update

So there were some people I did not get to say goodbye to after all, thanks to us renting the car a day earlier and having to return it Thursday morning. It was a bit sad that I didn't get to say goodbye to some people who are important to me, but I suppose Thursday needed to see us a lot closer to ready to leave anyway.

After a mad rush at the house last night, Doug and I left at 9:00am with Mitsy. Both of us sleep deprived, and poor little Mitsy devoid of food and water for our travels, we headed toward Pearson Airport with Glenn and my mom. I did not want to leave that early, as our flight was at noon, but as it turned out we just made it (after my very first completely embarrassing boarding call!).

Our little Mitsy Moo-Moo was such a trouper! She whined all the way to the airport, but stayed quietly tucked up in her bag without incident. As the plane descended her breathing increased dramatically, but after about an hour in the air, she was a seasoned traveler. Oddly enough, upon our arrival to Edmonton Airport I was the only one uncomfortable, as the pressure caused some pain in my ears that didn't end for several hours post landing! Doug and Mitsy were unphased.

This flight was one for our memory books as this is, not Doug's first flight, but his first to the west coast! He and I are very excited to arrive and are in the process of planning out our apartment viewings for tomorrow.

Please be patient with us as we settle in and find our place. We may not be as socially active until we are properly settled in, but we will do our best to keep you posted on how we are and what it's like in our new home, Edmonton.

No comments:

Post a Comment