Thursday 26 December 2013

Spoiled Rotten!

Well, Christmas is over. It took me a lot longer for it to feel like Christmas at our house this year because I barely decorated. At Christmas time it is important to be in the spirit of giving as well as thankfulness. I was not in a thankful spirit! I was too busy complaining about the clutter that having an additional person in the house brings. I didn't want to put up decorations because I felt that it would make the clutter look unbearable and I would go a little nuts.

Eventually, I was talked into decorating the house because it was going to be Gabriella's first Christmas, and because my mom was coming and I wanted it to feel like Christmas for her. What a difference a boat load if Christmas decorations makes! Suddenly we were all in the Christmas spirit!










My mom arrived safely, and with a suitcase devoted entirely to Gabriella! There were unique articles of clothing, adorable dresses and outfits, and lots of books! I am so happy that they finally had a chance to meet each other! It has been so much fun for me to have my mom around also! It's strange because I forget that she hasn't been here all along!





On the 22nd we went to a Christmas lunch and did not end up leaving till almost 11pm! We had so much fun eating good food and singing karaoke! Even Doug joined in to sing a few songs! I wish I had taken pictures!
Christmas Eve we went to Auntie P's house for a lovely Christmas feast and opened our stockings together. Dinner was scrumptious with turkey (Patricia's first, and possibly the most delicious one I have tasted), ham (a new recipe for me that I may just keep for next year it was so good), stuffing balls (something I make every year thanks to Doug's mom), sweet potato mash, creamed corn, cranberry sauce (I make with orange rind thanks to my friend Deb's version), and a delicious apple crisp! Not to mention the chocolates and assorted table goodies we enjoyed until the wee hours of Christmas morning!

  My mom had made Gabriella two absolutely gorgeous irregular pearl bracelets! Her Auntie P gave her some cloths. One was a knitted sleeper that is my favourite style of sleeper yet!
I got a new wallet, from Auntie P, that came with a compact mirror. She gave Doug tickets to our New Years Celebration for his present! All we have to do is find a babysitter.
Doug had stashed one of my big gifts at her house so I got to open my jewelry armoire. It wasn't till Christmas day that I got to open the beautiful pearl necklace that he bought to go in it! Having Marzipan at Christmas is a tradition that my mom started and that we have continued through the years without fail. So this year, when Doug couldn't find any stores that sold it, he ended up hopping around to 14 stores on Christmas Eve until he found any. So I had to wait until Christmas day to open my stocking. He always knows just what I want, and had a stocking full of hair accessories for me!
On Christmas day we also opened a curious parcel from Oshawa, Ontario to find more gifts for Gabriella and yet another beautiful hand made blanket! I think it would be safe to say that this year Gabriella and I were spoiled rotten! My mom, who still has two gifts to receive, and Douglas had their gifts as well, but enjoyed more of the events and companionship this Christmas granted. Douglas admitted to enjoying seeing us get spoiled more than receiving.

Now to spend some down time together!














No comments:

Post a Comment